Sharon is well regarded by both fellow orthodontists and local dentists, having earned a reputation for delivering great smiles and excellent facial aesthetics. Over the 28 years she has spent at Walpole she has delivered exceptional treatment to countless patients, including members of many of her referring dentists’ families.
Her leadership of Walpole – The Orthodontic Specialists has been crucial to its success and position. She was one of the first Specialist Orthodontists to use Invisalign appliances, long before it was made available to general dentists, and remains an early adopter of new orthodontic technologies, most recently including an easy to use device to accelerate treatment by up to 50%.
Sharon is particularly highly regarded for her work with younger children, achieving excellent results, frequently without the need for extractions.
• Awarded Honours for her Degree at Bristol university
• Joined Walpole in 1987. Principal since 1995
• NHS consultant for 12 years, lead clinician for 6 years and 8 clinical excellence awards
• International lecturer and London postgraduate teacher
• Publications in British, European and American Journals
• Leader in innovative technology
• Advisor for AcceleDent Company and patient education software company
• Member of: British Orthodontic society, European Orthodontic Society, American Orthodontic Society, World Orthodontic society, British Lingual Orthodontic Society
• Sharon is married with 2 children and enjoys skiing, walking, cycling, acoustic music, travel, international cuisine and interior design
GDC Registration Number 58428
Find out more about Dr. Orton-Gibbs here.